Don't get me wrong I love my Transporter.

But it's had the "over voltage" problem since I bought it (couple years
now) and it's a simple firmware bug that has not been fixed.

I would not buy one today unless this bug was fixed.

It does not happen often, but would you buy a car that just quits on
you in the middle of highway once a month. Even though it runs fine the
rest of the time and starts right back up. What would your passengers
think.

Absolute sin.

Just buy a touch. It will be supported for a while.

As far as digital differences I doubt you'll hear any difference. I
didn't hear ANY difference going from SqueezeBox 3 to Transporter using
an external DAC.

--
mswlogo

XP > Cat5 > Transporter/DuetController > SPDIF > Meridian G68 > DSP6000,
DSP5500HC, DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > DuetReceiver > SPDIF > Meridian G91 > DSP5000

'My Transporter Setup'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=350741&postcount=45)
'Hitch Hikers Guide to Meridian' (http://www.meridianunplugged.com)