No, I'm struggling, I think I've covered every logical option, which
naturally leaves only the blindingly obvious :(

The M2 can take a digital input via AES (XLR), RCA and optical - the
Weiss will lock onto all three options while the M2 ignores all
three... ho hum...

I'm starting to think it may be a generation thing with the output chip
of the Transporter speaking a different language to the input chip of
the M2... I know there's no two way communication between the two like
an HDMI but...

One strange result - I've also tried using the transporter as a digital
pre/source selector - feeding in the DVD transport and connecting the
digital output to the M2 - again nothing although the TS analogue
outputs play the DVD...

I assume that any piece of music played via the TS will have its own
encoded clock signal superimposed from the ripping process or will the
clock signal be generated by the transporter and merged together into a
single digital data stream? If the later, could it be that the TS clock
that is a problem, running at frequency recognised by the Weiss D/A but
not by the M2? Or maybe even running outside the specification that is
however tolerated by the Weiss but not the M2?

--
dpaws

Transporter / Weiss Medea / Vitus SS-010 / Quad 2905 / Duet controller -
awesome!