My best guess is that this may be connected to the bitstream format. You
should set this to spdif (not AES) and use rca cable (it's better than
AES anyway).

You should make sure you are on the latest TP firmware (80?) and do a
Xilinx reset on the TP as a precaution.
After setting the bitstream format on the TP do a hard power-off and
make sure that settings has stuck.
Also, I'm not sure that plugging in to the M2 with a live coax feed is
a good idea as the NAD seems to do something specific when it first
locks on to the stream...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio