Mnyb;571926 Wrote:
> re Music:
> Why not use music the test perssons is familiar with.
> Or in case of some agreed upon 24/96 tunes let them have it an week in
> advance.
>
> Would this increase chances of detection, it would not give you a
> general case but thats not needed, if someone can here it it is a
> difference that proves that there is a difference at al.
>
> Changing the server streaming settings is the way to go, just keep the
> test subject from using the context menu then you can spot the
> difference .
> Or files without tags will the display show them as *.flc or *.wav

Agreed.  I was suggesting that the person who is doing the tests chose
the music they think there is a difference in.  It would be great if we
can limit it to normal 16/44 CD quality music as this is what most
people listen to most of the time.

Agreed on settings too. I assume one can set wav to stream as pcm and
flac to stream as flac at the same time.  This would allow the person
to switch between the two without changing convert file?.

--
lrossouw

Louis
'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/lrossouw)