garym;574603 Wrote:
> Oh no. It is much better than the touch. I have 3 touches and have
> compared. The touch is very, very nice and for $300 is a true bargain.
> But the quality of the build and components of the Transporter are in a
> different league all together.
>
> And if you don't like your Transporter, someone will buy it from you at
> close to what you paid. They are now discontinued evidently and folks
> are coming out of the woodwork asking where to buy (i.e., they've put
> off the purchase and now that they may get hard to find, they've made
> the decision they have to have one). Heck, I've thought of picking up a
> second one just as a spare.
>
> But if you really like your own DAC, then buy the TOUCH and run it into
> your DAC. Smarter folks here than me have tested the digital outs of the
> TOUCH and report very good things....

Perhaps I should clarify/recap:

have a touch and recently had it modded. I found that it could not
apparently play 24/96. In a fit of pique ( or whatever) I purchased a
transporter. I then find myself wondering whether it will be any better
than what I have.
(assuming 24/96 prob soluble). I guess I would be happy to ditch the
DAC for an improvement.
Anyway I take your point that if disappointed I could always sell on...

--
adamdea