Mnyb;580377 Wrote:
> Sadly there is a problem facing many older cdp's the lack of replacement
> mechanics ?
>
> as you have a TP it has digital inputs , so arent there any dvd player
> around with digital output for example.
>
> Or was it the sound of the 506 your wife wanted ?
>
> The current Meridian G06 and G08 models then ?
>
> But the new deign does not match that good aesthetically with the old.
> I have all never M stuff but i still like the old design more.
> Some think they look like 80's rental VCR's but i like them :)

Hi there, thanks for your reply, my wife is just used to the ritual of
putting on a cd - she glazes over when I try to explain how to use the
TP, having said that I am really attatched to my Meridian gear and
don't want to start mixing new with old unless I have to. It must be a
very straightforward job for an engineer and there must be some parts
available somewhere.

--
pkfox

When the going gets weird - the weird turn pro. Hunter S Thompson

CD's -> EAC/Grip -> ReadyNas NV -> CAT5 -> Sonicwall -> TP -> Meridian
551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me :-)