Mnyb;580557 Wrote:
> here:
>
> http://www.meridian-audio.info/show.php?compid=45
>
> The old M cdp's seems to use custom made mechanics (maybe made by M
> themself if I rember) , no the usual stuff sourced elsewhere like 99%
> of other cdp's
>
> And this mechanic is driven by their own fw so again not a standard
> mechanism ?
>
> But if you lucky maybe a handy engineer can fiddle around a bit in it
> :)
>
> It's a beautiful player
>
> Has existed in three versions over the years 16,20 and 24 bit DAC
>
> Hmm Ebay get another one ? I assume that the 24bit is most expensive
> and the one thats holds it's value best .
> Be carefull there is far to many scamms on ebay on high end hifi, they
> can not keep their site clean .
>
> On the marketplace site on the meridian forum other members posts scamm
> warning from time to time.
> For some reasons it's popular to do scamms on meridian Stuff ?

Cheers for the info, I use a Meridian 551 integrated amp so would a G08
cdp be compatible with this ? - I have an offer of a used but working
506 and am trying to decide on the best route - ideally I would like
mine fixed but it is looking very shaky if not impossible ?

--
pkfox

When the going gets weird - the weird turn pro. Hunter S Thompson

CD's -> EAC/Grip -> ReadyNas NV -> CAT5 -> Sonicwall -> TP -> Meridian
551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me :-)