SuperQ;581597 Wrote:
> The Touch spdif output is supposedly better than the Duet.  The  is
> probably not worth the money as a digital transport only.  However the
> Transporter is probably a better DAC than the one you have.
>
> The Touch may also be a better DAC than the one you have as well.

While I am prepared to accept that Transporter may have a better DAC
than Caiman (although I honestly doubt it), I don't think that the
internal Touch DAC can touch (pun intended) Caiman.

Even some of the high end DACs, that cost way more than Caiman, only
surpass the Caiman in the clinical precision of the music details, but
the ones I've heard lack the sheer musicality and the analog-like
quality of Caiman.

Caiman makes all my digital sources sound almost identical to vinyl.
And that makes me extremely happy:)

--
magiccarpetride