Personally, I'm real excited about whats going on with amps these days -
as well as the DAC end of things. Its real cheap to play around with
Class T/D amps that really sound good. See if it takes you in the right
direction. It might show your speakers in a different light, and you may
get some other ideas (realizations) ie. cables etc. T amps are so
efficient you can easily slap together a battery power supply. Even
more clarity - not much money. I can see having a collection of low
cost high efficiency amps at some point. Of course you can go for the
wyred4sound route and drop a couple of grand and probably be done with
it for good. I'm having too much fun tweaking! - Got some new
electrolytics on the way. Cant wait to slap them in my mouse!

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.