ncarver;587343 Wrote:
> Obviously if I already had a Boom, I would just listen.  I do not own
> one.

My mistake but I just wanted to be sure. Anyway, as you might have
noticed quite a few members around here, myself included, will gladly
offer you all kinds of options about how best to get the best sound
from headphones but almost none of these options will involve a Boom
:)

ncarver;587343 Wrote:
> Actually I find that the right music makes it much easier to cycle hard
> while indoors.  I used to watch TV but found I ended up just piddling
> along instead of really pushing.  Also, I find the noise from bike
> trainers to be very annoying, so I want IEMs that seal out most of that
> noise (and the music covers up the rest).

Way off topic: I use an indoor rowing machine in the winter when I
can't bicycle ride outdoors (I've been averaging about 4000 miles/year
for the past few years) and I have the good fortune of having the
rowing machine located in a room with a very nice stereo which I can
play very loud while exercising. No need for headphones which I find
very uncomfortable once the sweat starts pouring out.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch