I've finally decided to stop using a CD Player and move across to music
server convenience.

Without modding, can I get really high quality sound from using a
Squeezebox Duet fed to a good quality DAC?

Theoretically - spinning a CD as a transport is poor compared to a hard
disk (or solid state) - so in effect I should be improving the transport
compared to ANY CD Player.

My MAIN concern and worry is down to the quality of the digital out
(both coax and optical) providing a good quality feed to the very best
DACs available. Do I have a viable concern here?

One dealer told me that, in their tests, the Squeezebox digital outs
where much better sounding than the Sonos digital outs - has anyone
else got any views on this?

--
stop-spinning