OK that's useful and reassuring information.

I am looking to get superb quality sound from the SB (I notice that
Consonance now do something similar). My plans are to use the SB into a
NOS DAC using something like the TDA1543 chips (which I have heard and
liked).

I might play safe and opt for the SB Touch. I may have been told this
wrongly but, will I compromise the sound quality if I use wireless
instead of 'hard wired' (with good quality CAT6 cable)? Or is it purely
a digital signal without the overhead of carrying a clock signal in the
real time stream with that nasty worry of inducing 'jitter' en-route
over the air-waves?

So in essence - during the transfer of music from the server to the SB
- is there jitter in any way shape or form?

--
stop-spinning