Soulkeeper;603612 Wrote:
> The digital out of the Touch is considered to be better than that of the
> Receiver.
>
> But there are audiophiles who are satisfied with using the Receiver (or
> SB3)'s digital out. I think it depends the most on the quality of the
> DAC. A good DAC should be able to "extract" a bit perfect signal from
> any of the Squeezeboxen.
>
> The Touch supports up to 96 kHz sampling rate, though. The other models
> "only" up to 48 kHz.

There's less noise on the Touch s/pdif connection due to its different
circuit. That helps (with all DAC's).

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.