You sorta need to read the forum for a while, or at least look at some
of the other posts of the posters who are giving you advice (I'm
speaking generally, not just this thread). This will help with a
baseline on their opinions. I don't mean anything good, bad, or
otherwise here, but this forum has folks that find major differences
with minor things, find no differences with major things, and
everything in between. Some members have the ability to perform fairly
sophisticated tests and o, some are believers in double-blind testing,
some think this is worthless, etc.

But bottom line: I wouldn't trade probably my worst SB transport (the
SB3) for any CD player costing less than $3,000, or even less than
$10,000 if more than a few years old.  (well, to clarify, I might if I
could sell the thing for a few thousand...I mean in the context of
audio quality in my system).

--
garym