pski;605704 Wrote:
> I would say that "accuracy" is not what most people want
>
> Witness the cult of bose which are limited fidelity alternatives

Bose has nothing to do with realistic or musical accuracy and
everything to do with an advertising gimmick. And they are proof that
with enough marketing dollars, one can sell almost anything as Bose
could probably sell ice water to Eskimos if there were any stupid
enough to buy it. Both Bose and Monster Cable live by the same business
plan, advertise enough so everybody 'Thinks' your the best in the market
place because your drowning everybody else out.

pski;605704 Wrote:
> The only 5-way speakers I can attest are Reference 9 Kappa's (with the
> "chicken switch" set to fugetaboutit)
>
> I've had them for a lot of years and they've fried a number of
> amplifiers and I've used them biamped and not

And yes I know about speakers that kill amps because of my 80's love
affair with Apogee Acoustics Speakers particularly the Full Range and
the Diva (0.3 and 3 ohm loads).

So I will ask my question again, why a 5-way speaker? 5 drivers cause
many more problems then they even remotely attempt to solve. If its a
loudness thing because more drivers can handle more power, then why not
just buy a Marshall Stack because once it is so loud, its no longer
about the Music but about the volume level.

Just a friendly wondering....... as I guess I am a details guy when it
comes to my music. Like hearing the artist's bracelet against the pick
guard because its part of the recording which is lost at massive volume
levels.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:

Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ ceiling speakers
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive