stop-spinning;614014 Wrote:
> Hello again chaps - interesting read between all of you about Linn, Naim
> etc. I've never owned any of these brands yet, anyway moving on...
>
> Perhaps again somewhat relevant to the title of my thread - I've been
> prancing around the Internet reading things with interest. One
> particular article I zeroed in on was from hi-endaudio.com with recent
> evaluations of their very favourite hi-end digital sources. I cut and
> pasted the following from this link:
> http://www.high-endaudio.com/RC-Digital.html ...
>
> "The real breakthrough in sound happens with going to the P01
> Transport. It is now abundantly clear that the transport impacts the
> sound more than any other single entity in this digital trinity. Our
> journey to the realization of the combination under review began with a
> P05/D05. The P01 then replaced the P05, and that is when the huge leap
> in sound occurred. The difference in upgrading the transport was
> staggering. Our entire system was elevated to a degree that proved
> stupefying. The bulk of the improvement described above took place with
> the introduction of the P01. To put this in perspective, the P03/D03
> does not approach the sonic splendor of the P01/D05. The latter is in a
> completely superior sonic realm. In other words, DACs do not play as
> significant a role in the ultimate sound as transports."
>
> So chaps, according to hi-endaudio.com - watch out for the Transport -
> and our transport in this case is our SB. The DAC is far less
> significant.
>
> Does that surprise anyone here??

That article is twaddle - you really need to stop reading this stuff
and start listening instead. Honestly.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF
x-dacv3/x-10/x-psu(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner,
Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber 8TC Speaker &
Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.