Daverz;619354 Wrote:
> It was meant at a jab at Stereophile.  They measure electronics and
> speakers, but they don't measure cables.  I like seeing the
> measurements.
>
> But it strikes me as having a lack of curiosity to not want to know why
> the wires might sound different.  And -- present company excepted, of
> course -- most audiophiles have far too high an opinion of their own
> perceptiveness.

Ok, I get what you are saying. What I think Art was saying was that he
was a bit surprised by what he experienced, coming from a previous wire
skeptic. As many of us. Logic says zip cord should do the job. I would
be willing to bet the $10K wire doesn't measure any better than a $.50
wire. It HAS to sound better or who would buy it? People are not THAT
stupid! I mean we all have been suckers at one point or another, but
that is a whole other level.

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.