artee;621361 Wrote:
> I was an expensive-cable cynic of long standing, but for various reasons
> did get around to trying different speaker cables.  I'm now convinced
> that there can be differences between different speaker cables, and I'm
> a happy user of the QED Genesis mentioned in that report - not terribly
> expensive, but works well in my system (Transporter/Musical Fidelity
> A300/B&W Concept 90)
> For those doubters out there, go out and have a listen - you have
> nothing to lose apart from your sanity (and some money...).
> Rick

http://www.qed.co.uk/genreprt.pdf: A report from the cable manufacturer
that shows the advantages of their cables. At £35.00/metre, the QED
Genesis cables are not cheap.

My vote still goes to the low-cost ($1/ft) cables from Blue Jeans:
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm

I'd be  be very surprised if you could hear any differences between the
QED Genesis and the Blue Jeans Belden 5T00UP in a blind test.

--
Ron Olsen