Phil Leigh;621689 Wrote:
> When you say "amps with appropriate characteristics could be used for
> each driver type" - the crucial thing here is that the amps have
> identical phase angle shifts and slew rates... in fact, they should be
> sonically identical amps, with only absolute current delivery maybe
> being different.

OK, I hadn't appreciated that.  I had assumed that it might be possible
to simply use a lower powered amp for the treble.  I imagine that phase
shifts between two SBs might anyway swamp any differences between two
amps, but I'm only guessing here.  Perhaps there could be a calibration
process that could deal with both effects together.  The beauty of what
Adamdea is proposing is that the crossover characteristics and driver
would inevitably be a very complex process it might have the potential
to deal with sonic differences between amps.

--
chill