My (now 7 years old) Linn front speakers (+ amps+XO's) were circa £6.5k
all-in. You can spend MUCH MUCH more than this!

Yes you can use a DCX2496 instead of 2 DEQ's... (BTW my opinion of
Behringer gear is that it is cheap and OK when it works... but I've had
a fair bit of it that just died...)

The Linn XO's are relatively cheap because all the normal expensive
bits (case, PSU) are not required, they are provided by the host
amplifier(s). They are however, high-quality... and in an active system
there is nowhere to hide when it comes to "the weakest link in the
chain" :-)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.