chill;621675 Wrote:
> Adamdea
>
> I think your 'blue sky' approach to this is interesting.  If it
> stimulates some discussion of a future SB product, or even a DIY hack
> of existing products, then it can only be a good thing.
>
> The main criticism so far seems to be that the synchronisation of two
> squeezeboxes would not be tight enough for this to work, so I have a
> couple of questions along that line.
>
> Which scenario would minimise the impact of slight synch errors - would
> it be better to have one squeezebox driving both bass drivers and one
> driving both tweeters, or would it be better to have one squeezebox for
> the left, and one for the right?
>
> What stops two SBs from synching better?  Is it a hardware issue that
> might be solvable if, say, two SB units shared some common (timing)
> hardware?  Or is it something that could be improved in software if
> there was sufficient will?

Interesting question... using one SB for treble and another for bass,
sync errors would manifest as changes in the relative driver time
alignment, but with stereo image solid... whereas using one for left
and another for right would create a wandering image with fixed driver
alignment...

Much depends on the frequency and size of any sync errors...
I'd be intrigued to hear some real-life results!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.