Wombat;626313 Wrote:

> CanĀ“t await all the new superlative wordings in describing the
> earth-shattering improvements coming from upsampling soon...

What kind of bullsh*t is this supposed to be.
Though that fits the overall picture...

If you would have left out that comment, your answer could have been
considered constructive.

Anyhow:

The ones who want to try

1. Linear filters
Which come with a little pre-ringing.
Skip "-M". The debate about those different types goes on forever.

2. Clipping
gain -3db might work. That's what the man-page (sox manual) says.
Some chose even -8db. -6db might not be that bad either. You'd
limit the digital calculation losses.
In fact the best choice would be offline upsampling to avoid
more impact then needed. On the other hand new style productions
are driven into clipping anyhow. People get used to it.

3. Dither
I didn't know that noise shaped dither is not applied on 88.2
Pretty weired. If that is the case one could assume that
default TPDF is applied. Again. You can skip dither with -D.

Sox is a nice playground app. Just one lttle parameter change can
change the world. ;)

--
soundcheck

::: ' Touch Toolbox 2.0'