soundcheck;626365 Wrote:
> One more:
>
> When testing different SRCs and options  I think everybody should
> exactly know what the DAC is doing in that area.
> Many of the DACs around do some kind of resampling. Some do it with
> multiples
> of the original others not. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be useless to
> do
> resampling to 88,2 or 96 on SBS if the DACs SRC does it again to even
> higher rates.
>
> Beside that - at least that's my experience - higher load  on the SB
> environment due to HiRes data has it's own effects.
>
> After all, all those differences should be rather subtle.
> I guess it's not gonna be that that easy to nail it down. IMO too
> many parameters in the game.
>
> I'll give a try. ;)

some things to think about:
1) some dacs internally upsample to 384 or 768 using ASRC chips - for
these it may make little difference to upsample before the Touch,
but...

2) some people believe that driving the s/pdif link
(transmitter+cable+receiver) at 96kHz is a good idea.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.