Phil Leigh;626344 Wrote:
> If you are upsampling to 88.2 or 96 you should use a linear phase filter
> IME.
>
> You want SOX to retain the original bit-depth, so if 16 went in you
> want 16 out and if 24 went in, you want 24 out. The Touch itself will
> change everything that is 16 to 24 anyway.
>
> You should not add any dither when upsampling.
>
> With SOX, upsampling from 44.1 to 96 is just as accurate as upsampling
> to 88.2 - there is no truth in the "multiples are better" approach.
>
> to avoid clipping use the sox volume command. I have found that v0.965
> is very effective on the majority of material.

It's not that I want to retain 16 bit. If it is possible to set the
the sox output stream to 24bit I'm gonna do that.

Dither I wouldn't use if 24 bit output  works. The guy who started
the thread had no bit-depth change in the commandline btw.
That's why I brought the issue up.

That the Touch transforms anything to 24bit later on is a different
subject.

What about "there is no truth...". Anything out there proving your
statement.
Or do I have to do some listening tests.

Cheers

--
soundcheck

::: ' Touch Toolbox 2.0'