Helloharry;626222 Wrote:
> Daverz, 840c is a pretty nice sounding dac, except that the soundstage
> is pretty forward "in my face" as i am listening in a near field setup
> in small room (could be other part of the chain but i am happy with the
> amp/spkr combo), the stereo images are bit oversized. I am hoping th
> imaging to be more pinpoint and solid. And a more backward
> presentation. Could be speaker placement, but after 6 months of tuning
> (with differenet tubes too), i think i get the best possible tonal
> balance to my ears, and i am hoping better equipment can deilver for my
> soundstaging/imaging requirement as said above. Cheers.

HH:

I have a Touch + CA 840C and don't get a 'forward' soundstage or
'oversized' images. These issues may be related to room/speaker
placement. I doubt you will solve them by changing the DAC, but you can
try, if you can borrow one.

Guido F.

--
guidof

*Front End*: Marantz TT 15S1 Turntable, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge;
Cambridge Azur 840C CD Player; Oppo BDP--83 Universal Player;
Squeezebox Touch Music File Player (digital out to Cambridge Azur 840C
DAC)
*Preamps*: Conrad Johnson Motif (Phono); Adcom GFP-750 (Line)
*Amps*: Music Reference RM-200 Mk II (Main); Little Tube Mk III
(Phones)
*Subwoofer Equalizer*: DSpeaker Antimode 8033
*Speakers*: Martin Logan SL3s; REL T1 Subwoofer
*Headphones*: AKG K701