Phil Leigh;627640 Wrote:
> Our definition of "reasonable quality" for speakers may be different
> :-)
>
> For example, I will never use speakers with passive crossovers... they
> just suck the life out of the music compared to a (good) active
> configuration.
>
> For sure every part of the system plays a role - but IME the
> differences between (good) DAC's and amps are really quite small
> compared to the differences available through choice of speakers.

Ok. Now we're switching subject from source to active vs. passive
speakers.
Such a discussion can go on forever. You know that.

In my (and not only my) setup the modified Touch feeding that full
digital amp makes a huge difference. It even makes my 15year old
Acapella speakers  shine. For quite some time I wasn't even motivated
to move on to my main system. I asked myself what else do I need.

BTW: I also run some full active ADAM speakers, beside my semi active
Bastanis Apollo main speakers.

--
soundcheck

::: ' Touch Toolbox 2.0'