Phil Leigh;627543 Wrote:

> 80% of what you hear is the speakers. Spend lots on speakers...

Just 80%!?!? My DAC or amp is not making any sounds. I hear 100% coming
from my speakers.   ;)

My 2 cents:

Every single part plays a major role in a pretty complex audio system.
Meanwhile I consider the source more important than the speaker
(assuming a reasonable quality device).
That doesn't mean though, that I'd spent 3000+ for a source (anymore).

I'm running a 250$ full-digital DIY amp nowadays (my Sabre and amps are
settling dust). Full digital amps (DA conversion and amplification on a
2*2cm chip) would be a disaster for the  audio industry. Probably one
reason why this technology is not gaining market share. ;)

--
soundcheck

::: ' Touch Toolbox 2.0'
(http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com/2011/01/soundchecks-squeezebox-touch-toolbox-20.html)