adamdea;630296 Wrote:
> err help
> Having fiddled with inguz as eq for some time I am now taking the
> plunge. I have purchased an m-audio mobile pre external soundcardand a
> dbx driverack measuring mic. I have installed the mobile pre on a
> laptop. I ahve downloaded the trial version of inguz 2.0. I am trying
> to work out what the best way is to output the test file to my audio
> system- analog out from the mobile pre to my pre amp. But then it
> occurs to me that it would be better if it went into my dac too. I have
> no spdif out then and the dac has no usb in. If I install sbs on the
> laptop could I tell audiolens to output the test file via sbs?
> Or should i just calm down and use the analog out?
> also I have 2 speakers and a sub connected to the speaker outs. This
> sub is common to both speakers and cuts in at 43 hz. is it ok to use
> audiolense 2.0 or should i be using 4.1 I know that supports the use of
> subs- but is that only on the basis of there been a separate line out
> channel?

Dave - AudioLense 2.0 is fine for you (and me!) for the subwoofer.

You don't need to have the DAC in the test file playback chain. Most
DAC's are reasonably flat (within 0.5dB anyway)  and what are you are
trying to fix with DRC is the interaction of the speakers and the room,
not the frequency response of the DAC.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.