PasTim;630300 Wrote:
> In my case, the Touch does not appear to be able to handle 24/96 PCM,
> but happily handles FLAC.
PCM will therefore be more demanding on the network link between the
Touch and the server (more data being sent), but the Touch is perfectly
capable of handling that data stream. While there could be a fault with
the Touch or even the Server, the symptoms (ie dropouts) would strongly
suggest a networking problem.

The only way to rule out the network completely is to not use the
network of course - ie establish a direct connection between Touch and
server over a single ethernet cable. Tricky to setup, but possible.

Or just enjoy the Touch decoding your FLAC library... (unless you're
pedantic like me an refuse to live with things not working as they
should)

--
snottmonster