I just thought you guys might be interested in an ongoing "contest" of
the "Golden Ear"
I am the owner of CarverAudio.com and we have an annual audio fest in
Sep. every year.
For the past 3 years, I have claimed that "If set up correctly FULLY
DIGITAL" you will not be able to tell an EAC file played through a
Transporter, and the original CD it was ripped from.
Well this year, all the toys are in place to run a fair test. I opened
and setup my Transporter2 today, and I hear an AMAZING difference from
my old Squeezebox3.
Has anyone ever done this test, and what were the results?

Here is the thread on my forum, overviewing the test, and how we plan
to run all the equipment.
http://carveraudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=14068

PS, this is my living room, so I like to think I'm in the "Audiophile"
legue, well at least a little ;)

--
Toy Maker

(2) Squeezebox3's - (1) Transporter2 - 7TB Acer Home Server - iPad -
iPeng