Well, I only own a pair of SB3s and a Transporter...  So that's what I
have to run the test...
Yeah, I know about bypassing the Transporters DAC.. Otherwise you are
just comparing DACs, and that is not the test at all.
I want the most complete file possible for the test.. FLAC files would
probably be just fine... But these guys are ANAL, and I want to avoid
any possible chance of them hearing ANY difference.
I didn't know I could do the same test with SACDs..  I don't own any,
but I know the guy I am putting up to the test does. I will look into
ripping them as well. What software do you need to rip an SACD?

Sorry guys, I know its a Transporter SE, I just call it a "2"...
Sorry.
Ant what's with the lame aluminum round puck they replaced the knob
with.... They didn't even line up the grain pattern...  Pffft.
I'm also replacing the rack handles with BLACK ones :). Then it will
match all my other Carver gear.

Yeah, in page 4 of the thread, I posted this...

I plan on using a Proceed digital preamp....
I've had it for about a year and a half.  I used it for a while before
we got the Silver-1 installed.
I have to say, that preamp is DAMN NICE...
One of the coolest things about that preamp is the ability to make ANY
input/output on the back run off ANY button on the front  :shock:
So say you want Digital input #5 as your main source, because that's
the one you use 90% of the time..
You can program the preamp, so Source #1 on the front panel, is
actually input #5 on the back... and so on. Pretty cool feature.
It's also nice that it's 7.1 if you want a nice small HT setup
connected as well.
I pretty much just used it in 2.1 while I had it hooked up. (pretty
sure it's dual zone too)  :-k

If you don't have a problem going over to the (REALLY DARK SIDE), and
going "Digital" it's a really nice preamp !!!
I can't say a single bad thing about the preamp itself.
The remote is lacking a little, as it only has 12 buttons, but they do
pretty much everything you'd ever need.

Surprisingly enough, when I started talking about it yesterday, I did a
little more reading, and found out that there was a "software upgrade" a
while back..
Called up tech support last night, and they emailed me the files
today...  Damn good service still !!  =D>

> The digital section of the AVP uses Burr Brown 1702 20-bit Multibit DACs
> for the left and right channels and 1-bit, 24-bit compatible AKM
> Delta-Sigma DACs for the center, surround, aux and subwoofer channels.
> *A dealer-provided software update will be available in the near future
> to get your AVP ready for the 24-bit 96 kHz performance.*

For the current used prices ($400-600) it's a damn good deal, and a
REALLY high-end Preamp.
It helped that I got mine in a package deal, and after I sold a couple
other items, it wound up being free  \:D/
Can't go wrong with free.

Not too hard to look at either....

[image:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/busterkeatonrules/AVP1.jpg]

[image: http://www.bjorn.tornroth.net/img_L//Proceed_AVP2_rear.jpg]

--
Toy Maker

(2) Squeezebox3's - (1) Transporter2 - 7TB Acer Home Server - iPad -
iPeng
And more toys than any one person should be aloud to own.