Wombat;637005 Wrote:
> There is no way in ripping the data from a SACD and compare them with
> playinbg back its digital data against PCM on any device. Only way to
> get SACD digital PCM data is grabbing the data from a modified
> SACD-Player that converts the DSD data from the SACD to PCM in the
> unit. This isn´t the best but the only method i know of. Maybe using 2
> of these players then at once, one playing the SACD and the other
> Redbook or DVD-A? No one will be able to tell you if the data has the
> same source then or the master alone is different, not the format...
> Of cause you can buy so called "Studio-Masters" PCM from HDtracks that
> are nothing else but converted DSD to PCM data that once was sold as
> SACD. They don´t tell you on what recordings it is that way! :)
>
> So better leave that comparison out this time. If there is a solution
> at all it will be way to complicated to perform a valid test.

You're correct in that there is not a good way to rip high resolution
files from a SACD but hi-rez files can be easily ripped from DVD-Audio
discs using DVD Audio Extractor. The only thing I'm not sure of is if
there are any DVD-Audio players with digital outputs which support high
resolution digital output. If not then I suggest that the Transporter's
analog output when playing back a high resolution digital audio file be
directly compared to the analog output of an SACD/DVD-Audio player
playing back the same high resolution material sourced from a little
sliver disc. I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised at the
results.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch