PasTim;642123 Wrote:
> All attempts to get ADM to record a track from an external CD player
> hooked up to my PC via the Linein on my Soundblaster have failed so
> far.  I can record using my Creative software, but not with ADM.
>
> Has anyone got ADM to work on Windows 7 64 bit?
Tinkering some more with the various Windows vs Creative vs ADM sound
recording settings I finally found a combination that worked (except
when Sample Rate Compensation was used which always caused ADM to
crash).

Having run a few tests I think ADM is so sensitive that it can only be
used to make fine changes to essentially the same system.  This means
it's great for comparing the Touch with itself plus or minus a tweak or
two.

However, all attempts thus far to compare any two different analogue
sources (eg 2 CD players), or an analogue recording with an original
rip, have met with results that imply the recordings are almost
completely different (correlations running between 13 and 15). I have
tried using the Equalisation facility (without Sample Rate
Compensation) but that didn't help.

How much this is due to limitations of my soundcard's ADC I don't know,
but I'm not going to pursue this line of comparison unless anyone has
any ideas of ways to get more meaningful results.  Suffice to say that
at this level of correlation the difference tracks contain perfectly
recognisable music.

I may have a go comparing digital outputs from the Touch and CD players
at some point.

--
PasTim