artintampa;660212 Wrote:
> I handed the project over to my sons about setting up the system to burn
> cd's, setting up LANS, etc since I like it to be more of a family
> project.  The system lies in the living room area.  So far, burnt one
> CD and am not happy with the program my sons picked (Win Amp).  I am
> going to ask them to try dbpoweramp today and see if it goes better.
> The Transporter finds all the songs my younger son downloaded a while
> back but is unable to find the one I burnt in FLAC with Win Amp.  I
> think more tweeking is needed but am sure it will be figured out.

You want to rip once and do it right. As far as I know, most people
serious about getting accurate rips use either EAC or dbpoweramp. I
find dbpoweramp easier to use.  And both these rippers use
"accuraterip" which is a nice way of comparing your rips to 100s of
other people automatically to insure that you have a bit perfect rip
(and this also speeds up the ripping process). Winamp is fine as a
player, but I never see it recommended as a ripper.

I suspect the reason SbS is not finding some of your rips is that they
are not in the right directory (the music directory where SbS is
looking). And of course you have to do a new and changed music scan for
SbS to pick these up.

--
garym

System 1: Vortexbox Appliance (1.10) > SbS 7.6.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
System 2: Win7(64) laptop > SbS 7.6.1 > Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio and laptop)
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controlled at both locations with: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD &
SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.6 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag