cunobelinus;661218 Wrote:
> QC?Quality control. Accuraterip just gives me confirmation that my rip is
as good as it can be.

> Most of the music I rip needs to be re-tagged anyway. No extant software
> or database seems up to listing classical and early music with the care
> and consistency that I think it deserves, or in my standard format.Couldn't
> agree more.  But DBP allows you to change your tags before you
rip.  I use the bit which compares all 5 sources and just choose the
bits I want from each or ignore them and write my own.  I rarely have
to change it once done, but I have MP3tag for that if necessary.

I have a quad core AMD processor and dBpoweramp rips and encodes CDs at
the maximum speed that my CD/DVD drive can spin at. Your problem might
be due to running it under VM.

If iTunes can list by Composer, or cover flow by Genre, then there is
no easy or obvious way to do it, which is not a point in iTunes
favour.

> Playlists on iTunes are incredibly straightforward.I am not suggesting they
> are not, just that I hate using iTunes so much
I just avoid it generally.  If I need an iPod playlist I just do it on
the iPod.

> Pippin's done it for you.Yes, noticed that post afterwards.  Couldn't agree
> with him more!

> iTunes' folder tree is nicely ordered enough: folders by artists.Not
> sophisticated enough for me though. dBpoweramp uses tag data to
create the right folders for my folder tree as follows;

\[genre]\[album artist]\[album title]\filename.flac (and .mp3)

For "classical" genres (opera, chamber, choral, orchestral etc) I put
the Composer in the album artist tag field as well as the Composer
field which means DBP makes the level above genre a folder for the
composer. That works better on the iPod too.

> Moreover, the software does it all automatically in one operation after
> ripping.As does dBpoweramp, and it can be set up to use and remember this
> filing
scheme, or any other that you might care to use.  With iTunes you are
stuck with the "artist" folder scheme, which is far too limiting for
me.

--
TheLastMan

Matt
http://www.last.fm/user/MJL-UK
*SqueezeBoxes:* SB Duet (Controller + two receivers)
*Server:* Synology DS107+ NAS (with firmware 2.3-1157) running
Squeezebox Server 7.5.1 on Synology Package Manager
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, 2 x Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 as
access points
*Livingroom:* Receiver into Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver into Denon DM37 mini-system, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:* Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline.