Phil Leigh;662436 Wrote:
> IME the Behringer is some way behind either TACT or Inguz as a proper
> DRC solution. As an EQ it's OK, but I'm not happy with it's jitter
> performance (I have a long experience with many bits of Behringer
> gear...).

Phil, could you elaborate a bit more about your experience with
Behringer gear? In particular, would you say that there might be a SQ
deterioration with a DEQ2496 (between the SBTouch and an external DAC)
significant enough to offset any EQ or DRC improvement?

A TACT unit may be more advanced than the Behringer, but the price
difference between TACT and DEQ2496 is not trivial, of course.

Thanks very much for your thoughts.

Guido F.

--
guidof

MUSIC ROOM:
Marantz TT 15S1 Turntable, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge -> Conrad Johnson
Motif preamp
Oppo BDP--83 Universal Player; Squeezebox Touch (digital out) ->
Cambridge Azur 840C DAC -> Adcom GFP-750 preamp -> Music Reference
RM-200 Mk II amp -> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
DSpeaker Antimode 8033 equalizer -> REL T1 Subwoofer
BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch (analog out) -> Little Dot Mk III amp -> AKG K701
headphones
SECOND BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch -> Grado SR125 headphones