Jeff Flowerday;663376 Wrote:
> Well the PVR,Blu-Ray and TV should really be on a home theater receiver
> that sends it fronts line out to the Krell in home theater bypass mode.
> That would leave you 2 sets of RCA in for the Rega 2 and CD Player and
> the balanced ins for the Transporter.
>
> HT receivers are relatively cheap, but maybe you aren't ready to make
> that jump yet?

Yes, it's a possibility... but...

Part of me would love to have surround-sound... It would be mainly for
movie-watching, though the number of 5.1 remixes seems to be rising.
Also, one of my passions is ambient music (I have an insane number of
Steve Roach albums, and my ambient dynamic playlist probably gets more
hits than anything else) and I've always thought they'd sound great in
surround-sound (albeit faked).  However, our living-room just isn't
geared-up for it; there really isn't anywhere suitable to put the rear
speakers. I do wonder whether one of those soundbar things would be
good enough for us.

I think for now at least, lots of inputs is a requirement. Basically,
I'm hoping I like the Cyrus 8 XP tomorrow :-)  But if my relationship
with the guys at Audio-T/Sevenoaks is the same as it was 15 years ago,
I'll probably come home with the Arcam surround-amp, lots of speakers,
and plans for a radical rearrangement of the living-room :-) .

-- Brian

--
Brian Ritchie