tallnick;668842 Wrote:
> so I just got my touch and am thinking about adding the mods, but I
> absolutely need to connect wirelessly to it.
>
> if that's the case, will I still benefit from the mods?
>
> I'm digital out via coax and controlling it via ipod touch so should be
> able to turn ir, screen, and analog out off among other things.
>
> opinions for a newby PLEASE!
>
> and thank you.

You have the option to use a second router connected to the Touch
through the LAN port, configured as a wireless bridge.

I use an ASUS RT-N12 with DD-WRT connected by a 15 foot unshielded CAT
6 cable. The TT 3.0 LAN.tar file can then be used and the wlan is
killed in the Touch. It works great to put some distance between the
Touch and the wifi transmitters.

I've been using it this way with my other squeezeboxes for quite a
while. I use analog on the Touch and prefer to minimize interference.

--
Stilly77