evdplancke;669059 Wrote:
> By ethernet jitter, I mean the fact that bits are not sent at a constant
> rate. This kind of jitter is reduced by Qos by avoiding high prio
> packets to be delayed by queues on the LAN (strict prio rule).
>
> This should make the processing power more stable, hence reducing
> impact on jitter on digital audio stream.
>
> Of course this is a theory that should be validated by
> experimentation.
>
> Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but this makes no sense at all. The "bits" are sent inside
TCP packets and it doesn't matter at all how fast or slow those packets
are transmitted. I think you are completely confused between networking
and s/pdif protocols - which are so completely different... S/pdif is
synchronous and TCP/IP is asynchronous for a start...

Let me try it in capitals: THERE IS NO JITTER IN ASYNCHRONOUS
PROTOCOLS, BECAUSE THERE IS NO CLOCK TO BE OUT OF TIME WITH.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.