RadioClash;669686 Wrote:
> Phil's guard dogs are out in full force. :)

I don't get the attacks on Phil. He's one of the more helpful people on
the forum. He hasn't dissed the mods. In the past he has pointed out
that a Few of Klaus' ideas/assumptions/explanations don't stand up to a
critical analysis of how the SB software and hardwar work or how certain
electrical/acoustical/engineering phenomena work. In other words, facts.

This isn't the same as saying the mods "don't work".

Opinions aren't facts. And quoting that great Philosopher Dirty Harry
doesn't turn opinions into facts or facts into opinions.

Pointing out facts is a good thing. If you can't handle it, you should
ask yourself why you insist on holding onto your opinions when they fly
in the face of facts.

I personally think the mods make some difference in my system. This
doesn't mean that they may make NO difference in someone else's. And it
doesn't mean I'm not imagining the difference I think I hear. And saying
so doesn't make me deaf or any other epithet you wish to throw at me or
anyone else who makes a similar comment.

If some of you true believers had the balls, you'd set up a proper
unsighted test and see if you really can tell the difference between a
modded Touch and one that isn't. But you won't, because you prefer to
live in a fantasy world and not deal with facts.

--
firedog

GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Tranquil PC fanless server running
Vortexbox OS; SB Touch slaved to Empirical Audio Pace Car; MF X-DAC-V3,
MF X-150 as pre-amp, ClassDaudio SDS-470 amp; Devore Gibbon Super 8
Speakers; Dual 506 + Ortofon M20 (occasional use); sometimes use PC
with M-Audio 192 as digital source. SB Boom in second room. Arcam CD82
which I don't use anymore, even though it's a very good player.