Soundman;671063 Wrote:
> Another good alternative is the 2011 remixed and remastered version by
> Steven Wilson, the new "2011 40th Anniversary Release" from October
> 2011. It's of course much easier to find than the DCC-version and also
> sounds "dryer" (like the DCC-version) and it definitely sounds much
> better than the previous "normal" CD-versions.

I just got my copy of this yesterday.  Wow, the sound quality is so
much better.  Now the recording has the balls it always should have
had.  It's like a haze has been lifted off of it and the true sound
comes through.  Listening to this album before I always felt like my
ears were clogged.

In the liner notes, Steven Wilson compared being asked to remaster this
to "being asked to clean up the Sistene Chapel".  I bet!!  How cool it
must be to be Steven Wilson :-).

Now we have great sounding recordings of "The Wall", "The Lamb Lies
Down On Broadway", and "Aqualung"...I'm a happy camper :-).

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch, SqueezeCommander on Xoom.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.5, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 37,509 songs, 2,934 albums, 515 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior