I can understand the desire to listen to a good performance but if the
recording is not palatable I would never play it often.  I will always
appreciate the effort and talent of the artist but inevitably I will
start getting distracted by the poor recording.  When I upgraded my
stereo it became a much more revealing system.  Many of the recordings
I previouisly appreciated rapidly became shelfed (including Bridge or
Sighs).  I rarely take it out and when I do I remember why it's not
played often.

--
artintampa