Soulkeeper;613480 Wrote:
> My CD version of -Brothers in Arms- (Dire Straits) is pretty horrible.
> The drums sound like something from an overdriven 1980 PC speaker (the
> small speaker located inside the PC cabinet, not the attachable stuff
> that is audiophile in comparison).Interesting. An audiophile friend once told
> me that were different
releases of this disc (and also of Love Over Gold) and that some are
considered to be world class, whereas others defintely not.

My discs are pre- Jurassic "Made in W. Germany by PolyGram" -- anyone
remember that company? anyone remember that country? -- and they both
sound great.

{ serial numbers: Love Over Gold 800088-2 and Brothers in Arms 824499-2
}

--
AndrewFG

Regards,
AndrewFG

Try out Whitebear. The middleware that joins the two worlds of:
1. UPnP/DLNA media clients and media players, and,
2. Squeezebox Server and Squeeze Players
Download it for free here: http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver