cliveb;671092 Wrote:
> Strange - if someone insisted I name my favourite JJ album I think on
> balance it would be Blaze of Glory.
>
> I don't detect any serious SQ issues. Sure, it's not in the Body & Soul
> league, but I can't help thinking you must either have a different
> mastering (mine is an original British CD) or there's something in the
> sound that just grates with you.
>
> That said, if the music is good enough I'm happy to listen to quite
> appalling sound quality. A couple of examples that immediately spring
> to mind are Fleetwood Mac - Boston Tea Party, and King Crimson -
> Earthbound (the best Schizoid Man ever).

Thinking of it the dynamics are superb, there must be a technical error
with the version I have it's is only the frequency balance that is
totally off, or maybe JJ is like some many other veteran musicians deaf
above 4kHz due to loud music during the tours...

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever )