AndrewFG;673238 Wrote:
> Interesting. An audiophile friend once told me that were different
> releases of this disc (and also of Love Over Gold) and that some are
> considered to be world class, whereas others definitely not.
>
> My discs are pre- Jurassic "Made in W. Germany by PolyGram" -- anyone
> remember that company? anyone remember that country? -- and they both
> sound great.
>
> { serial numbers: Love Over Gold 800088-2 and Brothers in Arms 824499-2
> }
My version of Brothers In Arms is 925264-2, which was made in Japan,
and it sounds pretty good. Although I wouldn't quite classify it as
audiophile caliber, it's certainly not among the worst sounding albums
I've got. Brothers In Arms was originally released in 1985, making it
an early rock album that was "a full digital recording". Perhaps they
had several different masterings.

--
TiredLegs