rgro;678850 Wrote:
> Really....I'm failing to see what the issue is here.  SBGK is indulging
> in the time-honored tradition of "fiddling"---taking the basis of what
> someone else has done and attempting to make it better.  Without folks
> like him and Klaus we wouldn't have this thread, nor would there be
> many other advancements in science and technology, to name a few.  If
> SBGK likes how his TT and self-modded Touch front end sounds in his
> system, I can't and won't argue with that, regardless of how much or
> little it cost him.
>
> SBGK is very kindly passing along his results, and opinions thereof,
> for us to try.  I believe, if he's not technically "working" with
> Klaus, he's certainly passing along the results of his experimentations
> for Klaus to incorporate---or not as he chooses---into his next TT
> release.
>
> Whether SBGK's tweaks sounds better to him or to you or to me is, of
> course, a matter of our personal ears and the unique interactions of
> each of our equipment.  I don't see that there is any sort of
> "detraction" to what he's doing or posting here.  We're all free to
> try, not try, keep, discard, modify, etc. what these folks are
> doing---all they're bestowing on us is the opportunity to do so.  I
> find it, at the very least, endearing.
>
> If your point is that TT 3.0 is, or should be, the endpoint of trying
> to make the Touch a better front end, that seems to run contrary to
> much of the SB community ethos.  People like Klaus/SBGK, Erland,
> Pippin, et al are all working to push the product beyond its orginal
> designer's limits.  It's what keeps many of us interested and
> (especially in mcr's case ;>)....) entertained.
>
> I guess if TT 4.0 doesn't push the Touch's sonic performance beyond
> what TT 3.0 does, folks can and will weigh in on that.  I suppose
> someone could've made the same point about TT 1.0 and TT 2.0---in that
> they seemingly had reached the limits of what could have a truly
> noticeable audible effect.  But, for me, I'll definitely want to try
> 4.0.
>
> I understand nothing of how this stuff works and how Klaus and others
> get in there and figure it out, but I hope that we can continue to
> encourage the Klaus' and SBGK's to, as long as they're enjoying it,
> keep contributing and not settle for "good enough".

Simply. TT3.0 was released and many people tried it, for good or bad.
There was feedback from both camps. Suddenly, after a couple of months,
another guy comes on the scene mentioning tweaks? How were these tweaks
tested against the original? Change management? Version control?

What is stopping the average SBT user (eg me) making a few hokey
changes on the fly and losing all original TT3.0 implementation?

Surely this mini -me should be working with Klaus as a bare min?

Or did I get it wrong?!

--
pandasharka