Thanks.

I asked that server question because it *does* make a diff here. I
doubt you recall, but for instance I had to make my TT3.0 buffer size
at least 4000 to prevent interruptions (extremely minute, but audible)
due to the buffer emptying with some of the configs. It's not a network
problem per se, but a server problem I think.

My server is a general purpose PC running XP (dual-core 3GHz) that's
fairly old. I'm sure it's way more than adequate to do the job, but
it's the damn apps I'm usually running that screw it up. Some of the
iTunes crap that always loads (some I need so I can run my iPod iPeng)
are among the worst for interfering, so I regularly kill those. I find
everything works best when I kill my web browser too.

I have read here of TCPOptimizer but haven't looked into getting it
yet...can't hurt and I'll do that later today.

--
cfraser