darrenyeats;686270 Wrote:
> You make two statements which are different Firedog. The first one is
> purely about jitter, and I disagree with that one. There are DACs that
> eliminate jitter e.g. Benchmark. Yes it's a claim as you put it, but
> unlike your claim Benchmark publish measurements as evidence for their
> claim. (Not that you could publish measurements for every DAC
> anyway...)
>
> As for your second statement, which is about "jitter and noise", I
> don't know about that area.
>
> Regards, Darren

I stand by my claim. The Benchmark doesn't eliminate jitter. It's a
marketing claim. If it is fed a jittery signal, there are methods for
improving the result, but the jitter isn't "eliminated". In real life
there isn't digital audio with NO jitter. Low jitter, yes. NO jitter,
sorry.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/465286/does-the-benchmark-dac1-or-any-dac-eliminate-all-jitter

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Reclocking-DAC-immune-transport-jitter

--
firedog

GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Tranquil PC fanless server running
Vortexbox OS; SB Touch slaved to Empirical Audio Pace Car; MF X-DAC-V3,
MF X-150 as pre-amp, Grant Fidelity B-283MKII buffer>ClassDaudio SDS-470
amp; Devore Gibbon Super 8 Speakers; Dual 506 + Ortofon M20 (occasional
use); sometimes use PC with M-Audio 192 as digital source. SB Boom in
second room. Arcam CD82 which I don't use anymore, even though it's a
very good player.