Thank you Adam.

Benchmark claims their "UltraLock" circuits eliminate jitter. Of
course, jitter is present after the UltraLock stage. In fact those
measurements I mentioned show there are sidebands in the output signal
caused by jitter. They are 140db down, but they are there.

Changing the jitter of the transport or changing the interconnect into
the Benchmark has no effect on the output jitter sidebands.
Measurements are provided as evidence. Hence, as Adam states, the
jitter performance of the transport or interconnect is irrelevant. And
that is the point of interest for those worried - sticking to the topic
- about the "Jittery Touch".

I apologise, especially to Firedog, if I came across as (ahem)
touchy...it's just I don't want casual readers to assume they are being
conned when, I believe, Benchmark are straighter arrows than most.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.