Just a warning for the curious who might, despite it all, want to try
these modifications: Some of the software recommended (as mentioned in
passing by SBGK) can do unwelcome things to your computer - for
example, the browser homepage change made by default by Fidelizer is
reported to hardwire the developer's homepage into the Windows
registry. One user lost dozens of open tabs in their Opera browser, as
the registry change caused Opera to start up with the new homepage,
discarding saved tabs. It was claimed by the developer in the Fidelizer
forum that this was due to a "bug", but in my opinion such practices are
bordering on those used by developers of malware.

As a general point, I would advise against installing any such
"eccentric" software, especially when the source code is not available:
even if you can't read the source code yourself, open source software is
an open book to the world in general, which tends to prevent it from
doing nefarious or stupid things.

As regards making manual registry changes, as recommended above, be
very careful, you can make your computer unusable. In fact, I would go
as far as saying that if you don't have a deep understanding of what
you are doing, then just don't do it.

In any case, you should have a full backup of your system, and be
prepared to spend the hours (at least) which it would take to use it,
should things go wrong.

--
darrell